MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 4th FEBRUARY 2016 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON-IN-GORDANO

 

PRESENT:    Cllrs. T Brown, Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, and P Harris

                        1 parishioner

                        Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Down took the chair in Cllr Yates-RoundÕs absence.

Prior to the parish council meeting there had been first aid and defibrillator training by Kim Davey, a paramedic with Southwestern Ambulance Service NHS Trust.  19 parishioners had attended this.

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllrs J Bennett and P Yates-Round, also PC Jenny Clark who advised that there had been no crime in the area apart from some stolen items from sheds in Portishead in mid January.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING:  The minutes of 7th January meeting were agreed and signed off.  

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS :  - See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £5,327.50

Balance at this time last year:  £4864.74

ClerkÕs monthly expenses:  £3.00

Invoices:  SWALEC - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box-      £10.79

Emailed invoice from parishioner Graham Pritchard – £72.00 for subscription to set up the new WiG web site plus £11.99 for the domain name, totalling £83.99.

Following discussion, 2 cheques were signed off by Councillors.

Donation sought from WiG Social Committee towards Village Ball in June.  Following discussion on what costs are involved for the Ball, Clerk to ascertain this information from the Social Committee and agreed that if necessary a cheque could be made out before the next meeting not exceeding £200.00

Precept of £6,000 agreed by North Somerset Council.

Advice of Government funded Council Tax Support Grant – final allocation of £95.

Transparency Fund for smaller Authorities – Funding Application Form has been submitted for £1333.83 (second year funding of £881.88 had been sought but is not paid).

It was agreed to give a donation to the Ambulance Service following Kim DaveyÕs first aid training earlier in the evening.  Cllr Giles to ascertain the details for the next meeting.

 

5. PLANNING:

Consent Granted re 15/P/2691/PO for works to trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order, TPO no. 29. At Weston Big Wood, Valley Road – G1 – 15 x mixed – ash, maple and limed – reduce the height up to 3 m, G2 – 2x ash reduce up to 3m, T1 – Ash – fell.    NOTED

 
6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:  

Clerk asked to write North Somerset Council re potholes outside The Tynings and in the narrows.  It was noted that there is an increase in heavy vehicles using the B3124 instead of the advertised diversion, since the temporary M5 closure at night. 

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset –

- Free annual flowers scheme 2016 – the 2x boxes each of requested annual plants to be provided by North Somerset Council in May/June.- NOTED

- Alterations to Register of Electors – NOTED

- Advice of Jennifer Fawcett-Thorne (Waste Minimisation Officer in Development & Environment Directorate) as Parish Liaison Officer for the parish.  Clerk had invited her to the meeting, but unable to attend. - NOTED

-        

Email from parishioner, David Lewis:  ÒYou will recall that in the summer I raised the matter of noise nuisance from the model aircraft down Cadbury Lane.  As I write, indoors with all the doors and windows closed, I can hear the noise again.  ItÕs a new development – IÕve never been aware of them flying during the winter months before, but obviously if itÕs disturbing me in January, with all the hatches battened down, it will be a much greater nuisance in a few monthsÕ time when we will have windows open, or even be enjoying the garden.  IÕve been aware of the flying for years, but itÕs never been a bother before.  I can only assume that there is one particular model which is causing the problem, and that being so it should be possible for the club to do something about it.  I certainly donÕt object to them in general, just to this particular aircraft.  Also, itÕs important to point out that IÕm not against this activity – as a teenager I used to fly models myself, on what is now Bristol International Airport!  Of course, that was well away from residential properties.  IÕm surprised that others in the village have not raised the issue as we are quite a long way away.  Could you please raise it again with the PC?Ó  Following discussion Clerk to ask Mr Lewis for more information of date and time when he hears the aircraft, so club can be contacted.

 

Clerks & Councils Direct – Newsletter  - NOTED

 

National Association of Local Councils  - Letter re HM QueenÕs 90 birthday celebrations and suggestion of lighting beacons early evening on 21st April.  Following discussion Cllr Down agreed to have a beacon lit on his land as had been done before.  He will contact the National Association of Local Councils regarding the way forward.

 

Cllr Trevor Brown had given written notice of resigning from the parish council due to him eventually moving out of the district.  Cllr Down thanked him for all his hard work as Councillor and with Speedwatch. Clerk to send letter to North Somerset Council in order for statutory notice to be raised.

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:

Mike Squires advised that 2 Speedwatches had been done and there is hopefully two new volunteers.  Mr Squires showed one of two new Speedwatch signs purchased advising how many drivers had been reported to police that week with a reflective surface.  There was a space for pre-printed numbers to be inserted on the board.  Cllr Yates-Round had already offered to have one board on part of his house wall at Churchfield Barn and there was discussion on where the other board should be placed at the Portishead end of the village.  Locations favoured were either outside Raywa or by the field opposite, or by the ÒgatewayÓ.  Mr Squires advised that the final invoice for both signs is for £330.00 (the amount had been agreed in principle at a previous parish council meeting) and he will arrange for the invoice to be sent to the Clerk.  Councillors thanked Mr Squires for his work on this.

Cllr Brown advised he had had an email from Gary Lewis reminding Speedwatch volunteers that information should be as taken by the road side, ie number should not be checked afterwards.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  Nothing to report at this meeting.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Nothing to report.  Clerk has put item in Parish Pump seeking a co-ordinator.

 

11. RURAL BROADBAND;  Nothing to report.

  

12. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE:  Email from Graham Pritchard asking for details to be put on website not only from parish council, but also from other organisations in the village. Clerk to ask Cllr Bennett if he can give Graham names of those from other organisations who can advise on information to go on site.

 

13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: None

 

Future PC meetings (all Thursdays):

 

2016 - 3rd March, 7th April, 5th May, 2nd June, 7th July, 4th August, 1st September, 6th October, 3rd November, 1st December.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45p.m.