Clerk: Mrs C Dixon 3 Black Rock Villas
Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200 Clevedon Road
MINUTES OF THE EXTRAORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 14th APRIL 2016 AT 6.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON-IN-GORDANO
PRESENT: Cllrs. Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, P Harris, M Squire and P Yates-Round
James Aldred – Local Tree Warden
Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr J Bennett
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 7th April meeting had only just been circulated and it was agreed to sign these off at the next meeting.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS : Following Mr Squire being co-opted as Councillor at the last meeting Cllr Yates-Round welcomed him to the parish council and Mr Squire signed the declaration of acceptance of office.
16/P/0708/F – Erection of agricultural worker’s dwelling at Sprigg Farm, Clevedon Road.
Cllr Harris declared an interest and left the meeting following circulating plans of the proposed development. Following discussion Chairman advised he could not see any objection to the proposed wooden building and from those views expressed locally, most people thought the same. One parishioner was concerned about the amount of rubble and that any more hard standing could cause more flooding. All agreed no objection to this application.
5. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY: Cllrs Mrs Chambers and Mike Squire had run a Speedwatch last evening, by “Oakapple”. Cllr Squire has been in dispute with Daniel Devanny (Local Policing Directorate) of the Police – half of the speeding drivers notified by Speedwatch volunteers had not been written to by the police as they were travelling at 35mph or under. All agreed that if drivers are speeding, even if just over 30mph, they should be contacted by police as there is a difference in stopping distance between 30 and 35mph.
North Somerset Council have arranged for the village to have the Vehicle Activated Sign for six weeks from next week. This will be fixed to road sign by garage flashing “30mph slow down” and then on opposite side by “Oakapple”. It is hoped to put it in 3 different locations over the period. Concern about there being no pavement at Clevedon end of the village and if road is classed as an “A” road there would need to be a pavement. Suggestion of chicane at Portishead end of village as at Barrow Gurney. Suggestion of safety cones, bars or barriers to protect pedestrians. There is nothing to protect pedestrians at the moment.
It was noted that a 4x4 vehicle is parking regularly at the bottom of Hill Lane.
6. ANNUAL ASSEMBLY: Clerk had booked village hall for Thursday 12th May. Parish Council meeting at 7pm and Annual Assembly 8pm.
Cllr Yates-Round to arrange speakers – suggestions are Dr Liam Fox, Cllr Nigel Ashton, Daniel Devanny and James Aldred, to introduce him to parishioners as local Tree Warden.
7. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
Cllr Squire advised he will try and spray the weeds by the roadside/pavement in the village.
Future PC meetings (all Thursdays):
2016 – 12th May (7pm with Annual Assembly at 8pm), 2nd June, 7th July, 4th August, 1st September, 6th October, 3rd November, 1st December.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.10p.m.ighways).High