WESTON IN GORDANO
Clerk: Mrs C Dixon 3 Black Rock Villas
Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200 Clevedon Road
Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk BS20 8PN
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 7th DECEMBER 2017 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO
PRESENT: Cllrs. J Bennett, D Down, D Giles, P Harris, Mrs S Chambers, and M Squire
Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr P Yates-Round.
2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 2nd November 2017 meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round, following Cllr P Harris’s name being added under apologies.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS: see separate items.
Bank balance: £11,040.73
Balance at this time last year £8,099.36
Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.00
Invoices: SWALEC - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box- £11.16
Notice of advice of NALC/ALCA sub for 2018/19 about £55.22 - NOTED
One cheque was signed off.
Following Councillor querying difference in bank balance given in November 2017 Minutes - £8,700.08, Clerk apologised as the part precept of £3,000 had not been included in the figures, although it had been received and in parish council account.
5. PLANNING: Refusal of Planning Application 17/P/1961/F – Moor View, Clevedon Road – Two storey rear and single storey side extension, decking area to terrace and a drive and parking area with erection of detached workshop.
North Somerset Council email reply to Cllr Yates-Round re not being able to attend site meeting and applicants had been advised not to continue to put in their planning application in that form. Discussion on general planning issues and parking problems at Moor View. 17/P/5009/AGA and 17/P/2138/PDA at Sprigg Farm– prior notification of proposed erection of an agricultural barn. NOTED
Enforcement Notices – 2015/0076 – Sprigg Farm – Tons of hard-core bought into farm and crushed affecting neighbouring properties. Comments: Lawful development certificate refused. Enforcement notice issued. Appeal inquiry set for Feb 2018. NOTED
2017/0427 – Land at Weston Drove off Cadbury Lane – Unauthorised works – importation of excavation waste. Works have ceased. Repairs to road to take place. Case to be closed. NOTED
2017/00029/UAW – Castle View, Hill Lane – Erection of fence. New case – site visit pending. NOTED
6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:
Letter from Mrs Elaine Bowman, Senior Access Officer, Public Rights of Way, North Somerset Council re Application for modification of Definitive Map, Blackberry Lane – advice of Public Rights of Way sub-committee meeting on Wednesday 15th November when it will be discussed and parish council invited to attend to hear discussion. NOTED
Cllr Giles has been in contact with Rich Smith at North Somerset Council Highways, who will be in touch with parishioners in properties near where the planters are to be installed. There had been a complaint about the new kerb near The Tynings and damage to a tyre. Following Highways installing a camera it was noted that out of 441 vehicles only 3 cars came too close to the kerb. Councillors believed that if drivers damage their tyres on the kerb it is because they are going too fast. Suggestion that new kerb is painted white to stand out. Further white lines, new replacement bollard and rumble strips to be installed in January with 20mph speed limit signage. It was noted that cars are slowing down and giving way in the narrows now. Cllr Giles had contacted parishioner about putting the 20mph speed limit sign on the land by Whitehouse Farm, and this was agreed. There was discussion on the amount of white lines in the village, but it was believed this was necessary.
7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:
From North Somerset –– None
8. SPEEDWATCH: Speedwatches being undertaken and on one occasion, over the 20 minutes, out of 144 drivers, nobody was over the speed limit.
9. GORDANO GREENWAY: Nothing to report.
10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH: Nothing to report.
11. RURAL BROADBAND: There had been a letter in the Parish Pump from Gigaclear about provision of Broadband. BT has put in the cabling, now Gigaclear will come round in 2018/19 and put line into each house for £41 monthly cost.
12. VILLAGE GREEN: Councillor asked about the removal of the tarmac on the Green, but it was agreed that this should be removed in the Spring.
13. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: Councillor advised that hedge protruding into the road by the Old Rectory and Moor View could be dangerous to drivers.
A car is being parked too near the junction of B3124 and Cadbury Lane. Councillor Bennett thought he knew who it belonged to and will contact the owner about it.
Cllr Down advised that on Wednesday 29th November at 9.55 there were 15 cars queuing in Valley Road to go into the Recycling Centre, which was due to open at 10 a.m. Not only were they parked in the entrance to the Centre, they were in the entrance to the Police Training Site and in the road both ways. This has happened numerous times now. There was discussion on the possibility of the queued cars causing an accident and also access for emergency services in Valley Road. Following discussion, Clerk asked to write to North Somerset Council Highways, copying in Cllr Nigel Ashton, Portishead Town Council, Sue Mountstevens of the Police and Hayley Verrico, Parish Liaison Officer about this, with the suggestion that either yellow lines be installed or signs for no parking. It was noted that there is a pull-in below the Recycling Centre that could be used.
Clerk continuing to look into provision of hearing loop for the village hall.
Future PC meetings (all Thursdays): –
4th January, 1st February, 1st March, 5th April, 3rd May, 7th June, 5th July, 2nd August, 6th September, 4th October, 1st November and 6th December.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.20p.m.