WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 5th APRIL 2018 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. J Bennett, Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, P Harris and P Yates-Round   

                       4 parishioners    

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllr M Squire.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 22nd March 2018 meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

Hearing loop system – Following Clerk advising Village Hall Committee of possible installation dates for the system, the committee wished to confirm no visual equipment being installed and contractor is Audio Visual Direct.  If microphone is to be installed on metal crossbar, hall hirers often use bars to hang decorations etc. on.   Assume parish council will be responsible for turning on/off system as required and no maintenance needed by Village Hall Committee.  Clerk confirmed with Committee that microphone will be installed hanging down from the ceiling not on the crossbar and that parish council will be responsible for turning the system on/off and any maintenance.   Clerk to go back to Audio Visual Direct to confirm installation date of Friday 13th April. They are the same company that installed the church hearing loop system.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £10,190.18

Balance at this time last year £7,910.92

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.50

Invoices:  SSE - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box-   £not yet received

                  SSE Cadbury Lane lamp maintenance contract                  £11.90

                 ALCA sub renewal                                                               £54.80

3 cheques signed off by Councillors  

Clerk suggested and councillors confirmed that she should ask Keith Gaubert to be internal auditor.  Audit papers for y/e 31.3.2018 accounts now received.

5. PLANNING: : 

Enforcement cases March 2018:

Case No. Weston in Gordano 17/00029/UAW

Opened on 9.11.2017

Case officer:  Gwen Lloyd

Location: Castle View, Hill Lane, Weston in Gordano   Parish Weston in Gordano

Description:  Erection of fence

Comments   Site visit due to see if alterations to fence have taken place.

 

5. PLANNING:  (continued)

Case No. 2015/0076

Opened on 26/02/2015

Case Officer:  Karen Bartlett

Location: Sprigg Farm, Clevedon Road, Weston-in-Gordano    Parish Weston in Gordano

Description: Tons of hardcore bought into the farm and crushed affecting neighbouring properties

Comments   Enforcement notice issued. Appeal Inquiry held in Feb 2018 and adjourned until 27 April.

ALL NOTED

Moor View – Chairman advised owners are putting in a new scaled-down planning application.

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

Cllr Yates-Round reported hearing radio noise and finding traffic policemen hiding behind his wall at Churchyard Barn.  They were in the middle of a training session for using “stingers” on the road.

2 planters in road not yet replaced.  Two bollards will be put in each planter to give height.  Conifers planned eventually for the road planters. Cllr Squire has made up two square planters and will make up 4 larger planters.  Chairman confirmed that £200 can be spent on the plants.  Suggestion of having a village clean-up, including the “gateway”, which might need a new coat of paint.  Parish Council had agreed to have a contractor to mow the village green (the tarmac on the green has now been replaced with grass) and Cllr Yates-Round will ask the person who maintains the burial ground if they are interested in taking this on.   

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset –– None

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  Further speedwatches to be undertaken now it is lighter later in the evenings.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  In process.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Following Clerk contacting Lindsey Stone, Watch Scheme Administrator re details for Watch Co-ordinator in the village, she advised that Weston in Gordano is registered for Neighbourhood Watch with 3 co-ordinators.  She was not able to advise names, but will email them and ask them to contact Clerk to see what the situation is.

 

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  In very slow process.

   

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: This is still in process and North Somerset Council will be in contact.

 

13. ANNUAL ASSEMBLY: To be held on Thursday May 3rd after the parish council meeting, which will start at 7pm.  Chairman to ask District Cllr Nigel Ashton, Sue Mountstevens, representatives from Clevedon and Portishead Town Councils, a representative from the Rural Broadband provider to attend and have a “Question Time” type evening. 

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:   

Clerk had ascertained from the bus company that they will not supply a bus shelter and suggested contacting North Somerset Council.  There was discussion about how a bus shelter would be installed by the wall opposite the White Hart, as the pavement is narrow.  Suggestion of attaching a shelter on the wall.  Councillors unsure who owns the wall.  There is a similar shelter at the junction of Nore Road and Down Road, Portishead.  If a shelter not possible, Clerk advised that there are places where a bus stop on one side of the road serves both directions for buses.   Cllr Harris advised he knew someone who installs bus shelters and would contact them for advice.

Chairman opened up the meeting and parishioner said she walks to Taggart Wood, but finds it difficult walking by Church Cottage where there are plants growing by the road at the end of the pavement.  Councillors and owner of Church Cottage (in attendance at meeting) were not sure who the land belongs to.  It was suggested the plants be cut to make a path.

Chairman advised that Honeysuckle Cottage will be installing a new garage door on existing garage (by village green).   

    

Chairman thanked councillors and parishioners for attending the meeting, which closed at 9pm.  

 

Future PC meetings (all Thursdays): – 2018 3rd May (at 7pm followed by Annual Assembly), 7th June, 5th July, 2nd August, 6th September, 4th October, 1st November and 6th December.