WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 5th JULY 2018 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, P Harris, M Squire and P Yates-Round   

                       2 parishioners    

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllr J Bennett.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 7th June Meeting 2018 were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £11,681.14

Balance at this time last year £10,519.08

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £2.01

Invoices:  SSE - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box-                        £11.29

                 SSE - - Cadbury lane lamp maintenance                                                   £11.90

                 Request from Village hall Committee for donation towards hall insurance of                      £679.92.   Following discussion agreed to pay for this.

                 Cllr Yates-Round – flowers for planter by Churchfield Barn                   £34.85                                                                  

All agreed above payments and 4 cheques signed off by Councillors.

           

5. PLANNING: :  Nothing to report

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

A young man has been caught on CCTV “keying” cars and ripping plants out of planters at 5.30 in the morning in the village.  Police had taken statements from owners of damaged cars and plants and are hoping to make an arrest following being shown two different CCTV footage.

Chairman had yet again seen police doing a training exercise using his garageway.  He has spoken to police as he would have like to have been approached about this.   

Notice advising of night closure of part of Clevedon Road at North Weston (from junction with Valley Road to junction with Clapton Lane) 2 nights from 10th July and also a day on 15th July.

Notice advising of Clevedon Lane, Clapton in Gordano closure on 1st August (junction with Clapton Lane to junction with Wood Lane).   All Noted.

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset –– Nil

 

Fisher German re pipeline crossing Middle Hill Common and processes not allowed over said pipeline.  Clerk to pass on to Avon Wildlife Trust as they manage the Common.

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE: (Continued)

PC Jenny Clark – Advised by email she is moving to another part of Avon & Somerset Police.  Hayley Hembery will be taking her place. NOTED

 

Bruton Knowles on behalf of National Grid re tree planting in lieu of Hinkley C Connection – does parish council have any land where trees could be planted and cared for under 5 year maintenance plan. NIL RETURN

Clerks & Councils Direct - Newsletter - NOTED

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  Police will be doing a Speedwatch by Rose Cottage.  Traffic has slowed down in the 30mph zone.  Cllr Squire still awaiting to input Speedwatch information for the police following the new 20mph area.

                   

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  Survey still in process by North Somerset Council.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Noting to report. 

 

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  Chairman had received vitriolic letter from parishioner about Gigaclear putting fibre broadband cables on their land as they had mistakenly understood this was organised by the parish council and do not want broadband.  Whilst the parish council had supported the proposed fibre broadband in the village, Chairman had to advise parishioner that their argument was with Gigaclear not the parish council.   There was discussion about the installation and its costs and that this could be minimised by neighbours joining together. 

   

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Nothing has been heard from Avon Wildlife Trust or North Somerset Council about the Common.

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN:  Cllrs Bennett and Giles had met with Mr and Mrs Morley.  The Morleys had had family problems, which is why they had not attended parish council meetings.  The Councillors had explained the parish council has responsibility to look after the asset for the village as a whole.  Councillors agreed that information on Village Greens was vague.  Chairman gave precis of what had happened over the years and said this is an issue that has to be resolved and should have been done so many years ago.  The Parish Councillors had thought that having supported the successful planning application by the Morleys to change their front garden into a parking area, this would have been sufficient.  However, the Morleys are now looking to access their garage across the Village Green and asking for parish council to install mesh to protect the grass.  The couple were upset when asked not to maintain the village green.

It is believed the garage has not been used for car parking for a long time.  There was discussion on access and suggestion of an easement to cross the green.  If they do cross the green then they must make good any damage they cause.  Compensation could be asked for from the Morleys by the villagers.  Councillor said he was concerned at village fighting over the green.  Councillors believed that the solicitors acting on behalf of the Morleys when they bought the house should have resolved this at the time of purchase. 

A further meeting is to be held between the Morleys and Cllrs Bennett and Giles.  Clerk to ask ALCA if the parish council can grant an easement over the village green and if there is anyone in ALCA who the parish council can talk to about this.            

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:  Chairman had received complaints from parishioners living in Sprigg Drive and Meadow Drive about parking for a function at the White Hart.   Chairman had spoken with Eric Heath from Avon Wildlife Trust, who has advised visitors can park on field below church providing Mr David Down (who rents the field) is in agreement.   Suggestion of putting cones in Sprigg Drive and Meadow Drive.  

A telephone call had been received from the Avon Model Aero Radio Club about the state of their field following having had soil imported to improve runway.   Cllr Harris will assess the state of the field for clearing the land, although it was suggested that this problem should be taken up with the company who imported the soil.

Concern by a councillor that the “gates” at Portishead end of village should be kept clear of posters etc.   

 

Meeting closed at 9.05

 

Future PC meetings : – 2018 Wednesday 1st August, Thursday 6th September, Thursday 4th October, Thursday 1st November and Thursday 6th December.