WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 6th SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. J Bennett, Mrs C Chambers, D Giles, M Squire and P Yates-Round   

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllrs P Harris and M Squire also PCSO Hayley Hembery.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 1st August Meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £13,551.53*

Balance at this time last year £8,721.15

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £10.04 (includes purchase of stamps)

Invoices:  SSE - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box-                        £11.67

                 Cllr P Yates-Round for Gordano Greenway domain name renewal         £55.05                 Donation sought from Sts Peter & Paul PC re burial maintenance

                 Last year donated £595.00. Following discussion agreed to donate       £650.00

*  includes part precept of £3,105.00 received from North Somerset Council

All agreed above payments and 3 cheques signed off by Councillors.

           

5. PLANNING: :  18/P/3601/FUL – Sprigg Farm, Clevedon Road – Change of use of existing building comprising 2no. homes linked by a timber structure and having a small porch, to a self-contained residential dwelling.   It was understood that Mr Harris’s agent would be attending the meeting on his behalf, but this was not the case. Following discussion, Councillors believed they could not comment as it was believed there were outstanding issues following the Planning Inspectorate Appeal Decision on the property.  There had been some comments from neighbours about the site.  Clerk to write to chief planning officer at North Somerset Council about this, asking for guidance, copying in District Cllr Nigel Ashton. 

18/P/3666/TRCA – consent for T1 ATLAS CEDAR – Fell – NOTED

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

Concern about planters (provided by Highways) in road, which have been hit.  One planter has been moved by North Somerset Council Highways and they will look at what can be done in the future and advise the Parish Council in time for the October meeting.  Clerk was asked to write to Rob Thomson at Highways advising the parish council are concerned at the size and effectiveness of the planters.  There was discussion on poor driving through the village.

Cllr Yates-Round said the drain cover outside Churchfield Barn has sunk and is close to collapsing.  Clerk to write to Highways about this.    

Road closure at Valley Road, junction with Blackberry Lane to roundabout off Weatherley Drive and Valley Road for Police HQ Open Day on 16th September. - NOTED

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset –– Time to Start School poster - NOTICEBOARD

-       Two Register of Electors amendments - NOTED

-        

Clerks & Councils Direct - Newsletter - NOTED

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  The Police have undertaken a Speedwatch in the village recently.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  Survey still in process by North Somerset Council.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Noting to report. 

 

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  Awaiting Gigaclear to start work in the village.

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Nothing has been heard from Avon Wildlife Trust or North Somerset Council about the Common.

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN:

Clerk had received reply from Mr and Mrs Morley regarding access across the village green and their intention to cross it to get to their garage (copy attached).  Chairman advised he believed there was not a right of access when the land was made a Village Green.  There is no record of planning for the garage and no access shown across the green on any plans. There was concern about right of access for any future owners of Honeysuckle Cottage.  Mr and Mrs Morley had not given written proof of right of access.  Suggestion of referring the problem to Open Spaces Society.  Councillors unsure if there was a right of access across the land before it was made a Green.   Discussion about issuing an easement with conditions drawn up by a lawyer – that the Morleys maintain the green and repair any damage done to the green by using it for access.  The easement would be granted to the owners of the Cottage and not the property and would be reviewed at regular intervals.  There would be times when the green would be used by the village.  Councillors unsure if they could issue an easement.    Suggested and it was agreed that parish council become a member of Open Spaces Society in order to get advice on this issue. Cllr Yates-Round to action. 

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:  Cllr Down had received a request to use the orchard below the church (as he is tenant farmer) for parking in order to pick apples.  Last year the villagers had held an apple picking day and used them for juice. It was suggested this be held again this year and would have to be organised soon, but with approval from Avon Wildlife Trust.

There had been some complaints about the same field being used for events in the summer.

 

Meeting closed at 10.030

 

Future PC meetings : – 2018 Thursday 4th October, Thursday 1st November and Thursday 6th December.