WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 1st NOVEMBER 2018 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. J Bennett, Mrs C Chambers, D Down, D Giles, M Squire and P Yates-Round

                       3 Parishioners

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllr P Harris and PCSO Hayley Hembery.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 4th October meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £12,363/25

Balance at this time last year £8,700.08

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.00

Invoices:  SSE - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box-                        £tbc

                 Donation sought by Stuart Redway towards publication of Parish Pump

                (£300 donated in October 2017) – Following discussion Councillors agreed to donate £300 to offset underfunding and a separate cheque for £400 for future publications.                                            

All agreed above payments and 3 cheques signed off by Councillors.

           

5. PLANNING: :  18/P/3601/FUL – Sprigg Farm, Clevedon Road – Change of use of existing building comprising 2no. homes linked by a timber structure and having a small porch, to a self-contained residential dwelling – Clerk had received email from PA to Nigel Ashton advising he is meeting with senior officers in planning and enforcement on 5th November about the current situation and parish council will be updated following that meeting.

 

Planning application18/P/4342/FUL – Bay Tree Cottage, Hill Lane, - Erection of 1no. dwelling following demolition of existing garage.

Cllr Squire declared an interest and left the meeting.

Clerk had received letter from a neighbour regarding above with objections and chairman read this out.  Chairman opened up the meeting to parishioners and those from The Close objected to the proposal as septic tank for dwelling would be very close to their fence and property and they would have loss of privacy.   Following discussion, Clerk to object to application on behalf of parish council advising it is not in keeping with the village and that nothing has changed since the previous planning application refusal and appeal in 2006 (ref.APP/D0121/A/06/2014709/WF)  

Cllr Squire then re-joined the meeting.

Moor View – Following access issues and the planning application refusal, Cllr Yates-Round advised that District Cllr Nigel Ashton will be reviewing this case.

 

5. PLANNING: (continued)

Following Clerk’s email to North Somerset Council about enforcement notice details being put before parish council meetings, she had received advice from Chris Nolan, Delivery & Enforcement Service Manager, Development & Environment.  North Somerset Council has a legal obligation to consider enforcement action and as part of that we liaise with the town and parish councils about enforcement action in their area.  Once we pass this onto the parish council then they become the data controller, and if they choose to divulge it further then the liabilities will rest with the parish council.  You will need to have a fair and lawful basis to do so.  A number of the town and parish councils have contacted the council’s information Governance team on matters such as this.  They offer a charged for advice service and can be contacted on infogov@n-somerset.gov.uk.”

Following discussion Clerk to write to ALCA for advice on this.

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

Cllr Giles had received email from Rich Smith at Highways, North Somerset Council.  Contractor has been asked for costs for providing new planters and when these are known, dates for installation will be firmed-up.

There was still concern at the loose grit on the road and Clerk asked to email Rob Thompson at Highways with copy to District Cllr Nigel Ashton, saying this should be cleared up for recycling. 

Cllr Squire will treat the weeds on the highway. 

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset ––  Offer of copy of Register of Electors for Clerk & councillors

-       NOTED

 

Stu Redway letter enclosing advice from North Somerset Council re White Hart Asset of Community Value Nomination – asset due to be removed from list on 22nd October.  Stu Redway asked if parish council could consider situation and if necessary take this forward, as he cannot do so because of health issues. Following discussion, agreed to take this on if necessary, but parish council would not seek re-nomination at the present time.    

Greenways Grounds Maintenance – email offering services - NOTED

Wessex Resolutions CIC – offer of bulk buy fuel for heating - NOTICEBOARD

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  Speedwatches can now be carried out as 20mph speed limit on the recording system.  All volunteers need to undertake an on-line course.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  Survey still in process by North Somerset Council.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Nothing to report. 

 

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  Gigaclear have been taken over by another company and it is not sure how this will affect the roll-out of fibre broadband in Weston in Gordano.

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Nothing to report.

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN:  Now Parish Council is a member of the Open Spaces Society, Clerk to write to them seeking advice re the vehicle access across the Green. 

There was a suggestion of having poppies on the Village Green in time for 11th November and Cllr Bennett to look into this. 

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: There had been a meeting between representatives of Avon Wildlife Trust, District Councillor Nigel Ashton and Cllr Yates-Round regarding the relationship issues with Avon Wildlife Trust.  The use of the field behind the church was discussed at that meeting.  It was noted that a new parishioner who lives near the field had complained about the noise from the village fete.      

 

Meeting closed at 9.25

 

Future PC meetings: – 2018 Thursday 6th December.

2019

Thursdays, 3rd January, 7th February, 7th March, 4th April, 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July, 1st August, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.