WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 6th DECEMBER 2018 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. J Bennett, D Down, D Giles, M Squire and P Yates-Round

                       Tim Curley, Avon Wildlife Trust

                       Ian Bartlett, Avon Wildlife Trust

                       8 Parishioners

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

Cllr Yates-Round welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced Tim Curley and Ian

Bartlett from the Avon Wildlife Trust (AWT) who gave a presentation about work being done

and proposed to be done in the valley with emphasis on Weston Moor.  Funding had been

received to maintain the site in order to encourage lapwings to return to the Moor.  They are

generally in decline in this country.  AWT are also working on Clapton Moor and with Natural

England.  There has to be a balance between wildlife and farming.  Parishioners were asked for

suggestions of how AWT can work with the community – guided walks, articles in Parish

Pump, volunteers, signage about the moor.  Discussion about communicating with parishioners

about the area and how to make site work.  There had not been good links between AWT and

the village.  AWT would like to prune orchard trees and asked for volunteers to help. 

Cllr Yates-Round thanked Tim and Ian for giving the presentation and after the parish council

meeting, parishioners stayed to look at suggested proposals for the area – ie café, education

centre, walkways.

      

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllrs Mrs S Chambers, P Harris and PCSO Hayley Hembery.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 1st November meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £11,423/25

Balance at this time last year £11,040.73

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.00

Invoices:  SSE - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box-                        £tbc

                        (November invoice not received)

                 Letter of thanks form Stu Redway for donation towards production of Parish Pump

                                                           

No cheques signed off by Councillors.

           

5. PLANNING:  18/P/3601/FUL – Sprigg Farm, Clevedon Road – Change of use of existing building comprising 2no. homes linked by a timber structure and having a small porch, to a self-contained residential dwelling – Clerk had received email from Nigel

Ashton’s PA, - owner has until February 2019 to remove all of the waste from the farm and the enforcement team will be keeping a close eye on the situation.  Cllr Ashton has ensured that.  Owner has received personal permission to stay in the caravan for now.  Parish Council will be informed of any changes to the situation.

 

5. PLANNING (Continued)

Reply to Clerk from Avon Local Councils Association re discussion of Enforcement Cases at Parish Council meetings – “Planning Authorities value the local input that a Local Council can provide as the eyes and ears of their community, especially in such things as Planning Enforcement and would therefore supply the information about the current case load, to ensure the Local Council knows what is going on, but this should be for councillor information only and should not be passed on. ALCA has always recommended that no personal information is ever minuted and now with the advent of the General Data Protection Act 2018, this is now very clear and the advice given by North Somerset Council is correct.

 

The information could be passed on to local councillors clearly marked as confidential and for their information only and the number of current cases noted in the minutes, as you have done, which is fine. Or if a councillor requests that a specific case is put on the agenda for discussion, then that should be done in the confidential session and minuted appropriately (i.e. that the confidential details are not disclosed).

 

Incidentally, other than recording who is present at the meeting, who has been assigned to a task or committee and minuting which councillors are instructed to sign cheques, then I would also advise that councillors should not be named in the minutes.”

 

Cllr Yates-Round then opened up the meeting to parishioners and the owner of Moor Farm advised a hedge had been removed between the lane to Moor Farm and a residence in Meadow Drive.  Owner would like hedge reinstated, but resident in Meadow Drive has applied for vehicular access via the lane to Moor Farm.  A letter from North Somerset Council was read out.  Access road is used by the owners of Moor Farm and Raywa and there was concern if this application was agreed, the road could be used by more vehicles.  Owner was asked to prove who owns the access road and if it was private – there seemed to be some ambiguity about this.  There was discussion on boundary issues.  Part of a garden in Meadow Drive had been sold off.  Parish councillors requested Clerk write to North Somerset Council Planning Department, to ascertain what is happening.           

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

North Somerset Council checking speed through village.  Cllr Giles in contact with Highways re new planters, which should be installed in the New Year.

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset –– Community funding opportunity for parks – info for government funding opportunity - closing date 25th Jan 2019 – NOTED

 

Clerks and Councils Direct – Newsletter - NOTED

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  Speedwatches now being carried out.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  Survey still in process by North Somerset Council. Cllr Yates-Round advised there are volunteers ready to help when necessary.  Delay on topographical survey.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Nothing to report. 

 

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  Gigaclear have been taken over by Truespeed and Clerk had received email advising they could come to a meeting to give a presentation.  Clerk will arrange this for next year.  Truespeed are also due to meet up with North Somerset Council.

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Nothing to report.

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN:  Nothing to report.

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

Meeting closed at 9pm

 

Future PC meetings: –

2019

Thursdays, 3rd January, 7th February, 7th March, 4th April, 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July, 1st August, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.