WESTON IN GORDANO
Clerk: Mrs C Dixon 3 Black Rock Villas
Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200 Clevedon Road
MINUTES OF THE STATUTORY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 3rd MAY 2018 IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO AT
PRESENT: Cllrs. Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, P Harris, M Squire and P Yates-Round
Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk
1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllr J Bennett.
2. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN/VICE CHAIRMAN AND CHAIRMAN’S
DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE:
Cllr Giles proposed and Cllr Squire seconded Cllr Yates-Round as Chairman – Mr Yates-Round signed the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office Form. Cllr Yates-Round proposed and Cllr Giles seconded Cllr Down as Vice Chairman. All agreed.
3. PARISH COUNCILLORS’ REGISTER OF INTERESTS FORMS: Register of Interests Forms are to be completed online if there are any changes to be made.
4. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 5th April meeting were signed off as correct by Cllr Yates-Round.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS : - Clerk had received email from North Somerset Council who are looking into providing bus shelters in the village following a request from a parishioner. However, it depends on the usage and whether the parish council can contribute to the cost of £4,000-£6,000
Bank balance: £13,244.68*
Balance at this time last year: £10,833.38
Clerk’s expenses: £23.40 (includes printing of Annual Assembly Flyers and refreshments)
INVOICES: - SSE electricity £ 10.79
Squire Property Services –
4 planters for village locations built and installed £360.00
1 Information Board installed on Green £150.00
2 bamboo plants in N. Somerset supplied road tubs £ 60.00
Weedkill to all road sides and streets in village £ 50.00
Total £620.00 Audio Visual Direct (installation of hearing loop system £564.00
Councillors agreed payment of the three invoices and signed three cheques.
Audit – Annual Governance Statements were read out and signed by Cllr Yates-Round.
Councillors agreed Income and Expenditure accounts prepared by Clerk and Chairman and Clerk duly signed these off.
Keith Gaubert happy to be internal auditor.
*Includes part precept received from North Somerset Council £3,105.00
And Government Grant £ 27.87
7. PLANNING: Nothing to report
8. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY: Combined highways /waste scheme – A369 Portbury Hundreds night closures in June. NOTED and put on Noticeboard
Letter from North Somerset Council, Public Rights of way Senior Access officer re Upgrading of Footpath LA 18/5 and part of Footpath LA 184 to Bridleway) Blackberry Lane, Weston in Gordano Modification Order No. 3 2018. All agreed Clerk to respond objecting to this.
9. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:
From North Somerset – Register of Electors amendments - NOTED
- Invite to Town/Parish Workshop 10th May 9.30-12 at Town Hall, WSM - Clerk unable to attend but will ask for copy of planning lists to be emailed to Chairman as well as Clerk.
Bristol Airport – letter advising of their intent to proceed with a planning application to North Somerset Council for the growth of Bristol Airport from 10mppa to 12mppa. CIRCULATED.
10. SPEEDWATCH: Nothing to report.
11. GORDANO GREENWAY: Nothing to report.
12. NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH: . Following Lindsey Stone, Neighbourhood Watch Scheme Co-ordinator, Somerset at Avon and Somerset Police, Bridgwater emailing her Co-ordinator contacts in Weston in Gordano asking them to contact the Clerk or herself, there had been no response. Lindsey had advised the area will be the subject of their data review, but this is done in order (presumably alphabetical). Details of co-ordinators cannot be published without their consent and she advised using her office details for anyone enquiring about Neighbourhood Watch.
13. RURAL BROADBAND: Nothing to report.
14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: -
There being no further business the meeting closed at 7.45p.m.