WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 3rd JANUARY 2019 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. J Bennett, D Down, P Harris, M Squire and P Yates-Round

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllrs Mrs S Chambers, D Giles and PCSO Hayley Hembery.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 6th December 2018 meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £11,423.25

Balance at this time last year £11,029.57

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.00

Invoices:  SSE - electricity for Cadbury Lane lamp and phone box – after Clerk contacting SSE as no invoice received for two months, she was advised that North Somerset Council have now changed energy supplier and on contacting the District Council they advised that contract moved to EDF from 1st October 2018.  Billing expected soon: it has taken EDF two months to complete their admin.  Still no invoice.

SSE – Invoice for maintenance of Cadbury Lane lamp                     £  11.90

Clerk asked for part salary                                                                  £375.00

           

All agreed and one cheque signed off by Councillors, as there was already a pre-signed cheque from November 2018.

Councillors then discussed the precept and they agreed to increase it to £6,400 to keep in line with inflation.  Expenses expected for the following projects – improvement of planters and plant restocking, bench on village green, maintenance person, possible electricity for village green.  There was discussion on the possibility of having an electricity supply to the village green, but it was agreed that the cost would be too much for its use for maybe once a year.

There was discussion on providing a “gateway” at the Clevedon end of the village.

Following discussion, all agreed to increase Clerk’s salary in line with inflation to £1700 per year.           

           

5. PLANNING:  Following the owner of Moor Farm attending the previous parish council meeting to advise of the demolition of a hedge at the rear of a property in Meadow Drive on part of the lane which leads to Moor Farm, Clerk had been asked to contact North Somerset Council about this.   Clerk had now received verbal reply – the district council suggested checking with the Land Registry to see who actually owns the lane.  If the hedge was part of domestic curtilage, there is no legal restriction on it and it is not protected under hedgerow regulations.  Clerk to advise the owner of Moor Farm of this reply.  A parish councillor gave some background history of the lane in question. 

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY: Nothing to report.  Larger planters for the B3124 expected soon.

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset –– Register of Electors received by Clerk - NOTED

 

Avon & Somerset Police & Crime Commissioner - Newsletter - CIRCULATED

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  There is now a new way of submitting information from Speedwatches, using the online reporting tool.  A handbook will be available soon.  All volunteers are to be retrained.  PCSO to be onsite for the training.   Information must be destroyed after submission in line with Government Data Protection Rules.  Suggestion of retraining in Village Hall. 

Police have been seen Speedwatching in the village.     

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  .  Topographical survey still to be completed.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Nothing to report.  As no-one was interested in becoming a co-ordinator in the village, it was agreed that an item be put in the next Parish Pump advising that as there is no Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinator, the parishioners cannot put down on their house insurance that they belong to a Neighbourhood Watch.

    

11. RURAL BROADBAND: Discussion on delay in fibre broadband being installed in village. Following receipt of email from TrueSpeed, Clerk had emailed asking if they could attend a parish council meeting.

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Nothing to report.  Suggestion of asking Avon Wildlife Trust to come to a future parish council meeting to ask them what they have planned for Middle Hill Common.

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN:   Clerk had received an email reply from Open Spaces Society who advised that there should be no parking on the green.   There was discussion on this.  A bench is to be installed on the village green.  Cllr Bennett will arrange for a maintenance contract to be put in place.  Landscaping will be carried out in the spring.

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

Parish Councillor advised that the hedges in Valley Road are looking untidy.   It is believed that a local farmer will be pruning these.

 

Meeting closed at 9pm

 

Future PC meetings: –

2019

Thursdays, 7th February, 7th March, 4th April, 2nd May, 6th June, 4th July, 1st August, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.