WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 7th MARCH 2019 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, and M Squire

                       1 parishioner

                       Steve Littlewood, Greenways Grounds Maintenance

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

 

As Cllr Yates-Round was still in Swindon with a car problem, Cllr Down took the chair. Chairman opened the meeting to Steve Littlewood, who had met with Cllr Bennett regarding

maintenance of the village green, various planters along the road and the village “gateway”.  Steve has £10m. public liability and has 9 employees.  His ideas are to replace the grass on the

green with pea gravel or stone.  There was discussion on this as Councillors concerned this could not be done due to village green status.  Suggestion of having planters with flowers in by

wall for ease of maintenance and New Zealand Phlox or Lavender on the boundary by B3124 and Hill Lane.  Also roses or fuschias on the rear wall.  A bench would be placed near the rear

wall and Hill Lane, with a clear area in the middle and around the old pump. Steve suggested having ferns in the planter by the telephone box.  Councillors requested the pedestrian walkway

by The Tynings be kept clear of mud.  There was discussion on mowing the village green and round the ‘gateway’.  Cllr Down thanked Steve for attending with his ideas and he then left the

meeting.    

                      

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE:  Cllrs J Bennett, P Yates-Round and P Harris.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 7th February 2019 meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Down.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS:

As Thursday 2nd May is local election day and clerk on holiday the following week, the village hall is free on Thursday 10th May and those present agreed to hold the statutory meeting on that day.  Clerk suggested this also be used for the Annual Meeting and asked Councillors to consider inviting Andy Moore from TrueSpeed to give a presentation on broadband in the village.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £10/827/34

Balance at this time last year £10,579.97

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £11.84 (includes purchase of stamps)

Invoices:  Clerk requested part payment of salary +£50 expenses                            £425.00

 

One cheque signed.        

                                            

5. PLANNING

19/0371/TRCA – Clematis Cottage, Clevedon Road – T1 – Bay reduce height by 2m lateral spread by 1m, T1 Bay – reduce height by 2m lateral spread by 1m. – No objections.

There was discussion on the enforcement at Sprigg Farm, but there was no further news on this. 

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY: Cllr Giles had spoken with Rich Smith at North Somerset Council Highways, who has raised an order for the new planters for the road.  A vehicle had parked on the hatched lines by Myrtle Cottage and the police had been called about this, as it was not legal.  Police have been undertaking speedwatches in the village plus at Clapton and Walton in Gordanos.  

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset ––2 notices of amendments to register of electors - NOTED

 

Clerks and Councils Direct – Newsletter - NOTED

Travel West – Draft Joint Local Transport Plan 4 Summary Document, Notices and Questionnaires. – CIRCULATED.

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  Nothing to report.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  .  Nothing to report.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Nothing to report. 

    

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  There was discussion on the Gigaclear contracts.

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Councillors were still unsure who had installed the wooden gate by the end of the wall of Brockley Cottage.  Cllr Down had been unable to speak to Tim Curly at Avon Wildlife Trust about this and there was discussion on whether Portishead Town Council might have any information.  

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN -. See details of the presentation given by Steve Littlewood at the start of the minutes.  

 

14. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:  Cllr Squire passed a letter of resignation as a Councillor to the Chairman.  However he was advised that all Councillors will be standing down before May 2nd and either put up for re-election or not.  Cllr Down thanked Mr Squire for all his work including with Speedwatch and the planters in the village.

There was discussion on the queues that build up prior to the opening times of the recycling centre in Valley Road, as there was concern that an accident could happen. Suggestion of centre opening earlier and closing earlier.

Two frog signs had appeared on the B3124 between Walton and Weston in Gordano.  No-one knew who had put them there – were they this parish council’s signs?   Clerk will ask Walton in Gordano Parish Council, Portishead Town Council and also the Avon Wildlife Trust’s Portishead based frog patrol contact.  

 

Meeting closed at 9.30pm

 

Future PC meetings: –

2019

Thursdays, 4th April, 10th May (2nd May is local  Election Day and clerk on holiday the following week), 6th June, 4th July, 1st August, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.