WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 4th APRIL 2019 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. J Bennett, Mrs S Chambers, D Down, D Giles, P Harris and P Yates-Round

                       1 parishioner

                       Sarah Friend, Village Agent

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

                      

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: None

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 7th March 2019 meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Giles, following amendment to the next meeting date from 10th to 16th May at the foot of the minutes.

 

3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS: See individual items.

 

4. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £10,402.34

Balance at this time last year £10,190.18

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.50

Invoices:  EDF – electricity                                                                £60.64

                 SSE – maintenance for Cadbury Lane lamp                      £11.90

                 ALCA – subscription renewal                                           £56.55

Clerk has contacted Mr Mark Reed at North Somerset Council re increase in electricity charges.  He advised that SSE charges had been “capped” for the duration of their contract and the district council had chosen EDF as the cheapest quote for the present contract.   SSE will not now be organising the maintenance of the lamp from 1st April and Centregreat Ltd will contact the Clerk to have a meeting re the parish requirements.   There was discussion on the maintenance contract for the Cadbury Lane lamp and it was agreed that it would be advisable to continue with this.  However, Clerk was asked to contact Geoff Mitchell, who is the owner of Cadbury Lane, if he knows any history about the lamp and its maintenance. 

 

Three cheques were signed off.        

                                            

5. PLANNING 19/P/0466/FUL – Land at Clevedon Road – Formation of new vehicular access and blocking up of existing access.  Following discussion there were no objections.

19/P/0566/FUH – Moor View, Clevedon Road – Demolition of existing single-storey element on north side (rear) of main house and creation of a larger two-storey volume in the same location.  Following discussion no objections to this.

Notice of no objection re 19/P/0371/TRCA – Clematis Cottage – T1 Bay – reduce height by 2m, lateral spread by 1m.  NOTED

Advice from North Somerset Council of two Enforcement cases in the parish, which had previously been circulated to the parish councillors.

It was noted that the tree by the lych gate of the church had had some branches trimmed.

 

6. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

Notice of closure of B3130 Bristol Road at Wraxall from 11th May over four weekends.

NOTED and Clerk will put on noticeboard nearer the time.

Parish Council had been offered £179 via North Somerset Council from the Government for improving public areas in the village.  Following Clerk circulating parish councillors (as there was a short time limit for response), it was agreed that further planter(s) and plants would help enhance the village.  Cllr Bennett will organise and receipts for monies spent to be sent to North Somerset Council. 

 

7. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset ––Notices re local government elections - NOTICEBOARD

 

Open Spaces Society – Newsletter - CIRCULATED

Clerks & Councils Direct – Newsletter – NOTED

 

8. SPEEDWATCH:  Nothing to report.

 

9. GORDANO GREENWAY:  .  Nothing to report.

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Nothing to report. 

    

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  See Annual Assembly item below.  

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: Nothing to report.

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN -. Cllr Bennett and Steve Littlewood had met and are in process of organising planter, bench (with memorial plaques) and planting of lavender and roses on the green.  Cllr Bennett advised the cost would be a one-off payment of £990 to implement with maintenance of plants and planters along the B3124 costing £50 per visit.  Maintenance of everywhere on green and road between once and twice a week in summer plus onus on villagers to water if there is a drought.  Discussion on employing company to carry out maintenance. Company would be responsible for contract.  Councillors agreed that this work should go ahead with a budget of £1500 and a review in six months.             

 

14. ANNUAL ASSEMBLY:   

It was suggested and agreed to have a representative from TrueSpeed to give a talk about fibre broadband.  Clerk to contact Andy Moore.  Suggestion of having a talk about how to avoid scammers, Clerk to organise.  Once speakers booked, Councillors agreed that flyers about the Annual Assembly should be circulated around the village 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3  Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email: blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                     Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS:  Parish Councillor advised that Clevedon Police Station at North Somerset Council’s Castlemead premises was now closed and that people have to go to Nailsea Police Station based at the Fire Station.  There was discussion on this and Clerk asked to write to Sue Mountstevens, Police Crime Commissioner for her comments on this. 

Chairman opened up the meeting to Sarah Friend, the Village Agent, who is employed by WERN, who advised she can help set up groups in the community to promote more activity for older people.  She can also help run the groups for six months.    

 

 

Meeting closed at 9 pm

 

Future PC meetings: –

2019

16th May (2nd May is local  Election Day and clerk on holiday the following week), 6th June, 4th July, 1st August, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.