WESTON-IN-GORDANO

PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk:  Mrs C Dixon                                                                           3 Black Rock Villas

Tel: Portishead (01275) 849200                                                         Clevedon Road

Email:blackrockcfd@hotmail.com                                                      Portishead

Website: www.westoningordano.co.uk                                              BS20 8PN

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 4th JULY 2019 AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE VILLAGE HALL, WESTON IN GORDANO

PRESENT:    Cllrs. D Down, D Giles and P Yates-Round

                        parishioner

                       Mrs C Dixon, Parish Clerk

                      

1. APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE: Cllrs J Bennett and P Harris.

 

2. MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING: The minutes of 4th June 2019 meeting were agreed and signed off by Cllr Yates-Round.

 

3. CO-OPTION OF COUNCILLORS.  As there were only three councillors attending it was agreed to defer this to the August meeting.

 

4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES AND ACTIONS: See individual items.

 

5. FINANCE:

Bank balance:  £13,227.25

Balance at this time last year £11,681.14

Clerk’s monthly expenses: £3.70

Invoices:  EDF – electricity for Cadbury Lane street lamp/phone box         £68.11

 

One cheque was signed off.        

                                            

6. PLANNING

Chairman opened up the meeting so that parishioner who lives at Moor View could advise that he would like to improve access for parking by his house.  However the Weston in Gordano sign will impede this and he would like to move it.   He wondered who owns the sign as it is not in his deeds, what the protocol is for moving it and does he need permission to do so.  There was discussion about this and Clerk asked to contact Highways about ownership of the sign.   Suggestion that it could be moved to opposite side of the road, or by access to Millennium Wood further down the road from the village.

 

7. HIGHWAYS/PUBLIC RIGHTS OF WAY:

Chairman had received letter from parishioner concerning chippings coming down the track onto Hill Lane.  Highways had been contacted and the chippings had been cleared to the side of Hill Lane.    There was discussion on this and as to who owned the Lane.  Parishioners are unhappy with the chippings being washed down the lane.

Clerk to ascertain who owned the lane and if it is the owner of Weston Lodge, to write to him about this problem, which gets worse when there has been heavy rain.   

Chairman asked those present if they would like a dog waste bin in Hill Lane, as one had already been agreed for Cadbury Lane/Weston Drove.  The reply was yes

 

8. ROUTINE CORRESPONDENCE:

From North Somerset ––Amendments to register of Electors

Open Spaces Society – Newsletter - CIRCULATED

Clerks & Councils Direct – Newsletter – NOTED

 

9. SPEEDWATCH:  Nothing to report as Councillor who spearheaded this had now retired from the council.  Chairman asked for volunteers to undertake speedwatch.  Three parishioners present offered.  Chairman advised that police had undertaken a speedwatch and 10 drivers were travelling at 35mph in the 20mph zone. 

 

10. GORDANO GREENWAY:  Nothing to report.. 

 

10.NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH:  Chairman looking to reinstate Neighbourhood Watch.

    

11. RURAL BROADBAND:  Suggestion of having TrueSpeed give a presentation to the village at a later date.  

 

12. MIDDLE HILL COMMON BRIDLEWAY: .Councillors concerned at the overgown vegetation and discussed the management by Avon Wildlife Trust and the funding scheme.   A number of villagers concerned at the Common’s management.  Suggestion of asking contractor to take on the work on the Common.   Clerk asked to write to Avon Wildlife Trust about what is happening.     

 

13. VILLAGE GREEN -.Councillors were not happy with what has been undertaken on the Green by the contractor.  Small lavender plants had been put in on the edge of the Green, but with no protection and ground not prepared.  A bench had been installed by the wall in Hill Lane, but did not look robust.  Roses planted by the wall by Honeysuckle Cottage.  Cllr Bennett had contacted the contractor, who the Chairman will meet.  Suggestion of asking the village Gardening Club to look after the Green.   

Councillors advised of weeds on the pavement, but these have been sprayed earlier this year.  

 

14. ANNUAL ASSEMBLY:   Clerk had arranged for Karen Wood of NatWest Bank to give a presentation on scams at the Assembly on 18th July.   However, Councillors agreed to postpone this to follow the next parish council meeting on 1st August as it was believed there may be more parishioners available to attend in August.  Clerk to re-arrange.

 

15. ANY OTHER BUSINESS: 

Clerk had been advised that a parishioner now has permission to build a garage at the back of his property with access via lane to Moor Farm.  Following discussion Councillors had no comments on this,

 

Parishioner asked about parking in Hill Lane, which can lead to access difficulties for the dustbin/recycling services.  Suggestion of asking the owner of Hill Lane if he would object to a sign advising it is a private road and only residents parking permitted.       

 

Meeting closed at 9 pm

 

Future PC meetings: –

2019

1st August, 5th September, 3rd October, 7th November and 5th December.